- Topglass GC
- Topglass GC Ultra Safe
- Topglass GC SPF
- Topglass FR50 & FR60
- TwinSkin Systems
- TripleSkin Systems
- Topclad GC
- Industrial Polycarbonate
Long lasting, high tech translucent roofing
Topglass® GC is the flagship of the Topglass® natural lighting family of products, and uses an innovative manufacturing process developed by Alsynite One NZ, whereby a 130 micron* EXO-SET 206 Premium Gelcoat is applied to the weather surface of the sheeting.
Offering exceptional resistance against corrosive atmospheres and providing protection against solar deterioration, Topglass® GC brings additional benefits to building designers and owners.
The ultimate benefit of the Topglass® GC product over general purpose grades of GRP natural roof lighting products is the addition of Alsynite One’s UV-stabilised 130 micron* EXOSET 206 Gelcoat surface which is a reactive thermo-set to provide a high gloss surface.
Topglass Gel-coat Applications
- Roof and wall lighting for commercial and industrial buildings requiring long-term natural lighting without early surface degradation.
- Educational facilities (Schools, Universities, Polytechnics) and childcare centres.
- Public outdoor areas requiring good UV protection.
Topglass Gel-coat Features and Benefits
- Manufactured from an acrylic modified resin system, prepared and supplied exclusively to Alsynite design specifications, each Topglass GC batch is blended in house to exact product requirements. The Alsynite gelcoat state-of-the-art application process and our extensive six stage curing phase ensures Topglass GC is produced fully cured with a perfectly smooth surface. Consistent laminates are produced incorporating anti static high quality glass rovings that generate maximum strength during the curing and bonding process.
- The ultimate benefit of the Topglass® GC product over general purpose grades of GRP natural roof lighting products is the addition of a UV stabilised 130-micron gel-coated surface which is reactive thermo-set to provide a high gloss surface.
- Topglass® GC, which is manufactured to meet the requirements of AS 4256:3, is economical and provides flexibility whilst resisting UV degradation and yellowing much longer than is commonly experienced with general purpose translucent roofing products.
- Harmful ultraviolet rays remain a major concern for building designers. Topglass® GC can be supplied in a variety of pigments, and can also be supplied as Topglass® GC SPF. This innovative gel-coat additive provides excellent UVA and UVB protection and offers exceptional heat and light data.
- Exo-set 206 Premium Gelcoat is a state-of-the-art Gelcoating system that is specifically developed to run on Alsynite designed production lines Offering the end user long term sheet clarity and weathering performance Exo-Set 206 will be the mainstay of all Topglass / Topclad sheeting products.
Short and Long term UV Testing of Topglass GC with Exo-set 206
Topglass GC with Exo-set 206 new generation Gelcoat has undergone QUV testing at the University of Auckland and is currently undergoing real world testing against a competitor’s product at the Allunga UV testing facility in North Queensland.
Test results to date are proof that New Generation Exo-Set 206 Premium Gelcoat is at the cutting edge of superior UV resistant coatings.
As always, for impartiality, Alsynite remains committed to utilizing external testing facilities for all our mechanical and UV product testing.
Mechanical Panel Testing
Mechanical panel testing completed on Topglass GC 2400gsm in August 2014. Please click here to see results.
Alsynite NZ Ltd warrants the product supplied has been manufactured in accordance with the Australia/New Zealand Standard AS 4256:3:2006 JAS-ANZ Certification Licence No. 2349.
For a period of 25 years, Alsynite NZ Ltd. warrants that the product WILL remain physically stable over a temperature range of -30°C to +70°C and WILL NOT allow the penetration of water through the sheet.
At the end of 20 years, Alsynite NZ Ltd. warrants that the product WILL retain 60% of its original light transmission.
The warranty is subject to the following terms and conditions:
- The product is handled, installed, and maintained strictly in accordance with the Installation Instructions on pages 21 and 22 of the Topglass Brochure (July, 2018) and the requirements of AS 1562:3:2006. The product is installed in such a manner that the non-weather side surface is not exposed to any UVA and UVB Ultra Violet exposure.
- The product does not suffer from any mechanical or other damage by agents or chemicals during handling, storage, fixing, and after installation, except as available in the Alsynite NZ Technical Literature.
- The product is maintained strictly in accordance with the Alsynite Technical Catalogue and NZ Roofing Code of Practice.
- Damage by storm or tempest or Acts of God is excluded.
- Alsynite NZ Ltd liability under this warranty shall be limited exclusively to resupply of the product as follows:
a) In the unlikely event of a product failure, Alsynite NZ’s liability under this warranty will be the resupply of translucent roofing material only and will be supplied on a pro-rata percentage basis.
b) To the extent permitted by law and subject to the above warranty terms, Alsynite One NZ Ltd shall be under no liability whatsoever (including any claim for faulty design, negligent or mishandling advise, injury to any person or any liability in tort or in contract for special, indirect, or consequential loss or damage) for any defect in or failure of or unsuitability for any purpose of the product.
- The benefits conferred in this warranty are in addition to all other rights and remedies conferred at law.
- If any provision of this warranty shall be invalid and not enforceable in accordance with its terms all other conditions, which are self-sustaining and capable of separate enforcement without regard to the invalid conditions, shall be and continue to be valid and enforceable with their terms.
- The warranty shall only apply if the purchaser can produce the warranty document signed by an authorised representative of Alsynite One NZ Ltd. This warranty becomes effective only when the authorised signature and date has been completed.
- The warranty does not cover fasteners or other accessories associated with translucent roofing.
Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org to get organise your warranty.