- Topglass GC
- Topglass GC Ultra Safe
- Topglass GC SPF
- Topglass FR50 & FR60
- TwinSkin Systems
- TripleSkin Systems
- Topclad GC
- Industrial Polycarbonate
Topglass FR50 & FR60
For fire retardant, natural lighting and cladding
Topglass® FR50 and Topglass® FR60 is designed and supplied as a fire and smoke retardant natural lighting system for use in commercial and industrial buildings. This type of resin system alters the flammability point of the sheeting.
Topglass® FR50 and Topglass® FR60 is glass reinforced polyester fire retardant sheeting that can be considered into building designs that specifically require reduced ignitability, flame propagation and heat and smoke release over conventional resin systems.
- Schools and educational institutions;
- Public assembly areas;
- Combustible areas with high fire risk;
- Where egress from a building in the event of fire may be restrictive.
Topglass FR50 meets the requirements of the NZBC verification method C/VM2 appendix A and NCC specification C1.10. Topglass FR50 is a fire retardant Bromine Free resin system also with a NZBC group 3 classification. Topglass FR50 is offered with either a 20umUV film or Alsynite EXO-SET 206 Gelcoat weather protection system.
Topglass FR60 being full blown Fire Retardant GRP roofing and cladding material is self extinguishing therefore exceeding the requirements of the NZBC verification method C/VM2 appendix A and NCC specification C1.10.
Topglass FR50 and Topglass FR60 are supplied with the Alsynite Exo-Set 206 Gelcoat SPF enhanced Gelcoat system. These products are supplied as translucent roofing products and are now available offering increased solar values, as can be experienced with Topglass GC SPF4 (see Topglass SPF pg 10 Topglass catalogue March 2015). The SPF enhancement stabilises the product’s appearance, offering increased weather surface stability and colour retention.
Please click here to view the BRANZ Technical Opinion Summary for all Alsynite and Laserlite branded Polycarbonate sheeting.
- AS/NZS 3837 / ISO 5660
- BRANZ Type test FI 5701-TT
- NCC Specifications C1.10 and A2.4 – Classification 3
- NZBC C/VM2 Appendix A – Classification 3
- AS/NZS 3837 / ISO 5660 (Cone Calorimeter)
- BRANZ Type test FH 5273 – TT 
- NZBC Group 2 Classification
Short and Long term UV Testing of Exo-set 206 Premium Gel-coat
Topglass GC with Exo-set 206 new generation Gelcoat has undergone QUV testing at the University of Auckland and is currently undergoing real world testing against a competitor’s product at the Allunga UV testing facility in North Queensland.
Test results to date are proof that New Generation Exo-Set 206 Premium Gelcoat is at the cutting edge of superior UV resistant coatings.
As always, for impartiality, Alsynite remains committed to utilising external testing facilities for all our mechanical and UV product testing.
Alsynite One NZ Ltd warrants the product supplied for installation at the above project has been manufactured in accordance with the Australia/New Zealand Standard AS 4256:3:2006 JAS-ANZ Certification Licence No. 2349.
For a period of 25 years, Alsynite One NZ Ltd. warrants that the product WILL remain physically stable over a temperature range of -30°C to +70°C and WILL NOT allow the penetration of water through the sheet.
At the end of 20 years, Alsynite One NZ Ltd. warrants that the product WILL retain 60% of its original light transmission.
The warranty is subject to the following terms and conditions:
- The product is handled, installed, and maintained strictly in accordance with the Installation Instructions on pages 20 and 21 of the Topglass Brochure (September, 2010) and the requirements of AS 1562:3:2006. The product is installed in such a manner that the non-weather side surface is not exposed to any UVA and UVB Ultra Violet exposure.
- The product does not suffer from any mechanical or other damage by agents or chemicals during handling, storage, fixing, and after installation, except as available in the Alsynite One NZ Technical Literature.
- The product is maintained strictly in accordance with the Alsynite Technical Catalogue and NZ Roofing Code of Practice.
- Damage by storm or tempest or Acts of God is excluded.
- Alsynite One NZ Ltd liability under this warranty shall be limited exclusively to resupply of the product as follows:
a) In the unlikely event of a product failure, Alsynite One NZ’s liability under this warranty will be the resupply of translucent roofing material only and will be supplied on a pro-rata percentage basis.
b) To the extent permitted by law and subject to the above warranty terms, Alsynite One NZ Ltd shall be under no liability whatsoever (including any claim for faulty design, negligent or mishandling advise, injury to any person or any liability in tort or in contract for special, indirect, or consequential loss or damage) for any defect in or failure of or unsuitability for any purpose of the product.
- The benefits conferred in this warranty are in addition to all other rights and remedies conferred at law.
- If any provision of this warranty shall be invalid and not enforceable in accordance with its terms all other conditions, which are self-sustaining and capable of separate enforcement without regard to the invalid conditions, shall be and continue to be valid and enforceable with their terms.
- The warranty shall only apply if the purchaser can produce the warranty document signed by an authorised representative of Alsynite One NZ Ltd. This warranty becomes effective only when the authorised signature and date has been completed.
- The warranty does not cover fasteners or other accessories associated with translucent roofing.
Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org to get organise your warranty.